Wednesday, April 20, 2016

After Care

Last weekend I completed my first 5k. Okay, I walked it but nonetheless, I did it. My daughters all enjoy running and I have said over and over again I'd like to try running. So daughter number two took the bull by the horns and said, "We're going to register for this run and this run." The next one is in August. I'm determined to run that one if it kills me!

Morning of the race, I was a bit nervous and bossy. I was afraid we'd be late. That I wouldn't be able to find my starting corral. That I'd be the slowest racer and be the last one across the finish line. All this stress I took on knowingly when I registered for the race. I even paid to do it, lol.

My daughter was a little late arriving at our place and that just increased my already raveling nerves. Luke was being very quiet and patient. I'm assuming, "You can't spank a woman before a race!" was going through his head. We got to the parking ramp, grabbed our gear, and off we went to find the park and get checked in. My daughter and I were very excited. My first registered race, her first 15k run. We were practically sprinting to the start line. Luke is not a big fan of exercise. He likes a nice leisurely hike in the woods or a casual trail ride on the bike, but not push yourself to your limit exercise. After several blocks my daughter looked behind us and declared, "Dad is never going to do this with us again." My thought was no he probably won't and my butt may be on the line tonight.

Race over...I walked my fastest time and my daughter was happy with her finish time. We headed out to meet up with son-in-law and the grands for post race lunch. From there we headed our separate ways. Luke and I got back home and I soaked in the tub for awhile. We had dinner and were sitting around watching tv. I was surprised how sore I was. I walk everyday and I didn't think my legs would be hurting this much. I pushed it as hard as I could for the 5k, but I still wasn't expecting my legs and butt to be achy and stiff.

Luke turned off the tv, grabbed my hand and said it was time for bed. We got to the bedroom and he told me to undress and stand at the foot of the bed. At this point I was thinking a spanking on top of this ache may just be more than I can handle. Crap, I should have been more considerate this morning. Luke grabbed my blindfold and put it on me. Hmmm, gg spanking?? He led me to the side of the bed and told me lay across. Oh geez, in this position he usually uses something that needs more swing room. Will this be fun or painful?

Luke went into the bathroom and then down the hall. I laid across the bed thinking of the possibilities. When Luke walked back into the bedroom I heard him set something on the dresser. Then he started massaging my legs with warm scented oil. OMGoodness, heaven!! He found a knot behind my right knee. For a moment I thought I might claw my way across the bed but Luke told me to be still and relax. He backed off and massaged until the knot loosened up. When he finished with my back he told me to roll over. He massaged the front of my legs and then became more interested in other parts of my body. I would have thought I was too tired and sore for this kind of attention but apparently not. After Luke took good, GOOD care of me he rolled me over and curled into me. That's all I remember until waking up in the dark completely relaxed and pulling the covers up over the top of us.

If this is race day after care sign me up for every race possible!!!

10 comments:

  1. Your man knows how to take care of you....I would agree that is incentive to at least try again and better your time...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt very taken care of! :) I really do want to run the next one. So I'm going to give it my best shot.

      Hugs,
      Clara

      Delete
  2. Now THIS could convince even ME to try exercising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tee-hee-hee, didn't Nick get you to walk on the beach recently. Tell him he owes you a massage. And since it's you Pk, a spanking to go with the massage.

      Hugs,
      Clara

      Delete
  3. Hi Clara, well that certainly made it all worth while!
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before I hurt my back/hip last year I would walk and walk fast every day. Sadly that is no longer an option, at least for a while. I can hike though. Something about the uneven terrain is better for my hip. Guess Luke and I will do that.

    Anyway even a message ( okay I don't actually like messages) wouldn't get me to sign up for a race! lol

    Not sure if Luke is the same or not, but Barney gives me a great deal of leeway when I have situation anxiety. That day he most likely would have too. HOWEVER for any race after, something would probably be said at least.

    Good luck training for the one in August! I'll cheer you on with my wine glass in hand ( sigh if permitted..LOL)

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *massage ...damn, stupid spell check, we shall not blame my typing!

      Delete
    2. Were you typing with wine? And were you wining with permission, lol? Just checking up on you Willie.

      So you don't think I'll get by with being bossy and stressed next time? Well damn, I was thinking it would be race day tradition.

      BTW, there is wine at the end of the next race. Just sayin! I've already asked for permission. Gotta cover your bases!!

      Hugs,
      Clara

      Delete
  5. Congratulations to you and your daughter Clara! I would say it's definitely worth signing up again :) How wonderful of Luke to take care of you like that. Bet you went to sleep with a smile on your face :) How were the legs the next day?

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete